[cvsnt] Re: Problems using client under Linux with SSPI proto col

vega, james vega_james at emc.com
Tue Oct 11 13:04:59 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> vega, james wrote:
> > I recently tried to move my development environment to a
> linux system.  This
> > requires that I am able to access our CVSNT server which
> uses the SSPI
> > protocol for authentication.  Whenever I attempt to login
> to the server from
> > my linux system I get an "Authentication protocol rejected
> access" error.
> >
> >   jamessan at ubuntu:~$ cvs -d:sspi:jvega at 10.15.51.100:/qata login
> >   Logging in to :sspi:jvega at 10.15.51.100:2401:/qata
> >   CVS Password:
> >   cvs [login aborted]: Authentication protocol rejetected access
> >
> > I'm entering the correct password and it works fine from my
> Windows system.
> > Any ideas?
> >
> 1. Don't use your username.  You're probably going
> cross-domain and it's
> difficult to get that right.

If I don't use my username how is the server supposed to know who I am?
Yes, I'm going cross-domain and it works fine when WinCVS uses CVSNT to do
the same thing.  In fact, I double-checked the command-line from WinCVS to
make sure I was doing things properly.

> 2. Don't use cvs login with sspi.

I have to login otherwise I can't get access.  The server is setup to
authenticate against our NT logins.

If I'm not supposed to do the above two things than how would I connect to
the server?

James