[cvsnt] Re: Conrtol Panel will not open

Anthony Williams anthony_w.geo at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 15:16:30 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> writes:

> It should work fine.. especially running it from its own directory (which
> removes any potential issues with paths).

If you run it from it's own directory, yes. However, the control panel itself
does not necessarily run applets in their own directory; the default "current
directory" for the control panel is the user's home directory, as far as I can
see.

If you want an applet to run safely, the best thing is to ensure that it runs
fine, whatever the current directory is, and whatever is on the path, which
either means static linking of dependencies, or modifying the DLL names
(e.g. cvsnt_iconv.dll, cvsnt_expat.dll)

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams