[cvsnt] Cannot get file/version information from taginfo

Michael Shiels Michael_Shiels at cpr.ca
Thu Oct 13 17:50:22 BST 2005

I am trying to use the taginfo admin file to generate a log, but I am unable to obtain the filename for the tagged files.  I am running CVSNT on Windows 2003 Server and using version 2.0.58.

Here is the contents of the taginfo file (logcvs.exe simple parses the command line args and standard input and spits them out to a file):
ALL		D:/cvsrepo/scripts/logcvs.exe "D:\cvsrepo\scripts\output\taglog.txt"

My understanding is that the filename and version of the tagged files will be placed on the standard input, however, I'm getting the following:

--- Command Line Args ---
ExampleTag
add
/logtest/CVS_Logging
--- Standard Input ---
╪Ä« 1.2
╪Ä« 1.1
╪Ä« 1.1
╪Ä« 1.1
╪Ä« 1.1

I assume that the left string from the standard input is supposed to be the filename.  Does anyone know how to fix the garbled text or another way to obtain the filename/version?

Thanks,

Mike

Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. Recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Sender and sender company accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
This email transmission and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please immediately delete it and  notify sender at the above email address.

Le courrier electronique peut etre porteur de virus informatiques.  Le destinataire doit donc passer le present courriel et les pieces qui y sont jointes au detecteur de virus.  L' expediteur et son employeur declinent toute responsabilite pour les dommages causes par un virus contenu dans le courriel.
Le present message et les pieces qui y sont jointes contiennent des renseignements confidentiels destines uniquement a la personne ou a l' organisme nomme ci-dessus.  Toute diffusion, distribution, reproduction ou utilisation comme reference du contenu du message par une autre personne que le destinataire est formellement interdite.  Si vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le detruire immediatement et en informer l' expediteur a l' adresse ci-dessus.