[cvsnt] How to diff against the main trunk...

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Tue Oct 18 18:45:42 BST 2005

I have been using the following command to find what files have changed
between a branch that I have checked out/working on and the main trunk.

"cvs diff --brief -kk -r HEAD -r BR_49_back2_32DS0"

If the branch I am working on, and is in my current sandbox, is a branch of
a branch, the above command tells me what files have change between the
branch and it's parent branch, not the "Main trunk". How do I specify the
main trunk? Also, more generally, what are all the special key words, like
HEAD, and what do they mean?

Thanks,
Curtis Lehman