[cvsnt] CVSNT server on RH linux

Corey Wirun corey at wirun.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 21 17:28:36 BST 2005

Thanks for the e-mails on my problem.  I had a look at the unix install
notes on the wiki and I made some changes to the configuration.

This is what I have in my cvsnt-xinetd

       service cvspserver
        {
                disable        = no
                socket_type    = stream
                wait           = no
                user           = root
                group          = root
                log_type       = FILE /var/log/cvspserver
                env            = 'HOME=/home/cvsntroot'
                server         = /usr/local/bin/cvsnt
                server_args    = authserver
        }

And I editted the PServer file in /etc/cvsnt to set the default Repository.
That helped a lot!

But I now get:

H:\apps\personal\cvsnt>cvs -d :pserver:wirunc at nexus:/home/cvsntroot login
Logging in to :pserver:wirunc at nexus:2401:/home/cvsntroot
CVS password: ***********
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server nexus rejected access to
/home/cvsntroot for user wirunc

I did not change the CVSROOT/config file, so it should be using the system
password authentication.

Can anyone tell me where I get more info on the password validation?

Thanks!
Corey.