[cvsnt] Why to upgrade CVSNT: 2.0.11?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Oct 21 21:23:02 BST 2005

Stephen,

>The problem we have is that if we try to access any tag that
>isn't already in the val-tags file we get:
>
>cvs server: could not read RCS file for JetDispatch.cpp
>cvs [server aborted]: no such tag ZSV05-5-0-0-0000
>cvs.exe checkout: in directory .:
>cvs.exe checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or
directory

>If the tag is already in val-tags, or I enter it in manually,
>the operation succeeds.

Are you saying:
* you want the val-tags list kept up to date, or
* you are running some CVS command that seems to fail if val-tags is not
up to date

If the second then please send to the list (and cc me or tony):
* the full CVS command
* the CVSROOT (eg: :pserver:user at host.com:/reponame
* a trace "cvs -ttt ..." (enable server side tracing if possible)
* if possible a copy of the RCS file

Preferably use the latest 2.5.03 testing release.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett