[cvsnt] Re: corruption of binary files on checkout

Corey Wirun corey at wirun.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 21 23:49:10 BST 2005

Additional information - I just tried importing a completely different
module and some .lib, .bmp, and .ico's were corrupted.

I did an octal (od) dump on the two files (a .bmp file).

good file:
0324020 ... 323 136 *015* 110 110 110 110 110 057 136 136 146

bad file:
0324020 ... 323 136 *012* 110 110 110 110 110 057 136 136 146

This appears for every 012 character in the (good) source file.  Doesn't
sound like 'regular' corruption to me, does it?

Wincvs insists the checked out file is -kb (binary), so some binary/ascii
setting is getting clobbered somewhere.

Corey.