[cvsnt] Repository auditing database setup for MSSQL

Brian Post brianpost at netspace.net.au
Sat Oct 22 10:03:47 BST 2005

CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2088 on Windows XP SP2 with MS SQL 2000
developer with SP4
I have a complete install & I have python installed.

I checked though all the newsgroup archives & only one user requested
similar info except it was for MySql by Johannes August 2005.

The plug-in settings are as follow
    Type		ODBC
    Name		CVSNT
    Prefix		[EMPTY]
    Username	cvsnt
    Password	cvsnt

I get the following message when trying to checkout a file after .

    Audit trigger database open failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
Data source name not found and no default
    driver specified
    Audit trigger initialiasation failed!
    cvs checkout: Pre-command check failed

MSSQL is setup to use windows or Sql server authentication. If I want to use
the logged in windows user account, what changes to the plug-in settings are
required.