[cvsnt] Re: Repository auditing database setup for MSSQL

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Oct 22 10:26:11 BST 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:03:47 +1000, "Brian Post"
<brianpost at netspace.net.au> wrote:

>MSSQL is setup to use windows or Sql server authentication. If I want to use
>the logged in windows user account, what changes to the plug-in settings are
>required.

If the CVSNT is a server running as a service on a PC where noone is
logged in, how do you propose to get the "logged in windoiws user
account"? Remember that we are talking about a server system now.
I'd say that the connection string should contain the login data for
SQL2000 (database account and password) and I also strongly recommend
using SQL authentication rather than Windows authentication.

We are distributing database software with MSDE2000 and we found that
we had to disable the Windows authentication and always use SQL
authentication over TCP/IP to make it go everywhere...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)