[cvsnt] Re: corruption of binary files on checkout

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Oct 22 18:31:38 BST 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:58:44 -0600, "Corey Wirun"
<corey at wirun.homelinux.net> wrote:

>I changed my server back to GNU CVS, and it worked (i.e. no corruption of
>LF/CR), with my identical client configuration.
>
>I put 2.5.03.2127 back on the server and took WinCVS out of the picture (CVS
>command line directly) and it again failed.  So WinCVS wasn't the culprit.
>
>I took your configuration and put 2.5.03.2127 on the client AND server and
>it worked fine - no corruption.
>
>So there was apparently something incompatible between the older CVSNT
>client (2.0.51d) and the new server (2.5.03.2127).
>
>Anyway, I'm back in business.

Confirmed!
With WinCvs using 2.0.51d and the server using build 2127 the binary
files are corrupted on import. 0x0D bytes are removed as far as I can
see.
And this is stored in the repository, switching back to a 2127 client
and checking out again gives the same corrupted files.

Then again 2.0.51d is not a supported version, it had issues already
when it was current.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)