[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Audit Error with Viewcvs

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Tue Oct 25 14:45:38 BST 2005

I upgraded cvsnt from 2.0.58d to 2.5.02.2099 on redhat 9 and noticed that
viewcvs broke in the process. Apparently, viewcvs defaults to using a
command like "cvs rcsfile ..." for rcs related stuff on cvsnt. My install
didn't have an rcs client installed on it during the upgrade, but afterward
I had to install an rcs client (from
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/trinkle/RCS/) and point viewcvs's config at
it. This fixed everything.

Just an FYI...

Brian

             Tony Hoyle
             <tony.hoyle at march
             -hare.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          cc
             nt.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Audit Error
             10/25/2005 04:31          with Viewcvs
             AM

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I will have a look when I get home tonight. I have both the very latest
> CVSNT and a fairly current ViewCvs installed on my test PC. And auditing
> is enabled on this server.
>
> Should not be that difficult to figure out what is happening if I see
> the same messages.
> But one thing here:
> ViewCvs is currently using cvs.exe in order to parse the RCS files.
> It is not done via the client/server interface, instead ViewCvs goes
> directly to cvs.exe and tells it to parse the file. I think that maybe
> cvsnt might be auditing all calls to cvs, not only teh ones coming in
> on the client/server interface and this causes the problem.
> But then again, there might be no problems when I look at home...

I thought they'd changed to use the client/server interface at some
point...

If not maybe it's just the rcs stuff that needs some work.