[cvsnt] Re: Why does chacl require a local checkout?

Jakob Kruse kruse at kruse-net.dk
Tue Oct 25 21:21:02 BST 2005

Related to what Oliver said below...

I find that if I do a "cvs checkout foo/somefile" then it will create a
directory "foo" in the current directory and place the file in there. The
"foo" directory will also contain a CVS directory. But no CVS directory will
be created adjacent to the foo directory, so "non-r" chacl won't allow me to
set permissions on the repository root (which is one level up from the top
level foo directory). When the repository is set up to disallow all access
as default that makes it impossible to use this approach (setting read
access on the foo folder doesn't work because its parent folder - the root -
has read deny).

Is there some workaround for this - some simple command to checkout a single
file AND get the top-level CVS directory too?

/Jakob

news:xn0e8x8fo67fxg004 at news.cvsnt.org...