[cvsnt] Install and set up

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Tue Oct 25 12:05:29 BST 2005

At Tuesday 25/10/2005 03:54, you wrote:

>Well, I had a look into the configuration wizard in the control panel.
>Somehow this wizard looks a lot different than that in all the howtos I saw.
>Does there exist any howto describing the current version of the wizard?
>Which protocol do you suggest for the communication between client and
>server? I have tried sspi but somehow the server does not answer on my
>requests.

If both server and client are Windows then choose SSPI.
Look in http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki how to install and setup the server by
the first time. The "cafit CVS Administration guide" is a good document.
Just create a test repository and play with it; it's easier than you appear
to think.

>Which CVS-client do you suggest? I have tried TortoiseCVS but it seems to be
>a bit buggy and strange. I also tried WinCVS but it has changed a lot since
>they made the last howto and using the console is not a nice option.

TortoiseCVS has the most simple and intuitive interfase I could imagine...
just right-click on a file to perform any action! Certainly it has bugs as
any other program, but you wont find any at this stage - it works, just
keep trying.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL