[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT control panel error

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Sep 3 19:17:27 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Just found out when checking other stuff that the Control panel
> misbehaves....
>
> If one has added a repository via the control panel and later wants to
> remove it, the user simply selects the line and clicks delete.
> This removes the registry entry without any question asked and no
> Apply button to click.

No information is modified by the control panel until you press apply/ok.

If you don't want to delete it just press cancel.

This is how *all* control panels work.

> In fact it only removes the corresponding RepositoryX entry but not
> the Name, Default, Description and Publish entries for that
> repository. I think that this is really not advisable.

Why not?  This is private data for the cvs server... if the repositoryX
entry doesn't exist the server ignores the remaining junk.. it's not as
if there's megabytes of it.