[cvsnt] Re: cvs server: warning: new-born newfile.txt has disappeared

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 20:49:35 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Daniel Lapolla wrote:
>
>> I need to retrieve this directory in a way that all other files are in
>> the HEAD revision, and newfile.txt is in the last revision of the
>> branch "br_cr_12345" with the branch sticky tag.
>

> Just:
>
> cvs up -f -r br_cr_12345
>
> Will achieve this without any mucking around with obscure merges.
>
> Tony

Yes and no, because the resulting working copy has the br_cr_12345 tag
sticked in ALL the files, not only the ones pertaining to the branch...

And there is another (worse) problem: if I want to compose an working
copy with 2 or 3 branches for example, I cannot use -f, and if these
branches contain failes in the same situation as newfile.txt, I'm unable
to compose the WC...