[cvsnt] Re: cvs server: warning: new-born newfile.txt has disappeared

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Sep 19 22:41:00 BST 2005

Daniel Lapolla wrote:

> Yes and no, because the resulting working copy has the br_cr_12345 tag
> sticked in ALL the files, not only the ones pertaining to the branch...
>
> And there is another (worse) problem: if I want to compose an working
> copy with 2 or 3 branches for example, I cannot use -f, and if these
> branches contain failes in the same situation as newfile.txt, I'm unable
> to compose the WC...

If you're trying to do it with multiple branches simultaneously you're
really asking for trouble... checking out multple branches is good in a
limited number of circumstances - yours doesn't sound like one of them
to me.. you're trying to do all the tracking that CVS does automatically
by yourself, and creating problems in the process.

In this case I suggest CVS isn't the tool you should be using.  I'm not
sure what is - no version control tool I'm aware of works in that manner.