[cvsnt] Help setting up anonymous access within a domain

Matthew Beermann mbeerman at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 17:06:12 BST 2005

I'm about at my wits' end for setting up anonymous access, even after reading all the FAQs and such. Here's the situation:

My server is running on a machine that is part of a domain, and is authenticating usernames against that domain. Which works fine. I'd like to add anonymous access. The trick is, I can create local accounts, but not without passwords - the domain forbids it. I've tried various combinations of (in CVSROOT):

file passwd:
anonymous::
anonymous::localuser
anonymous::machinename\localuser

file readers:
anonymous
localuser
machinename\localuser

...but nothing works. No matter what I do, I can't actually log in. Help! What's the right thing to do here? I'm running CVSNT 2.0.41a.

--Matthew Beermann