[cvsnt] Need help : Giving Access Control to the Repository

Sabahat Adil Imam sabadil at perfexa.com
Tue Apr 11 12:09:55 BST 2006

Hi,
Please help me ASAP.I will be very thankful to you.

Client: Wincvs 2.0 on Windows-2000

server: CVSNT 2.0.51d on Windows-2000

Protocol Used: SSPI

Hostname: WS0I-0251

Repository Name: /myrepo

Repository Path: D:\Repository\myrepo

Set parameter System Auth=No in CVSROOT/config file

Target:To give repository access to only those user which are in CVSROOT/passwd file,but this is not happening.

Want to know: How to give read/write permission to the users.

Expecting: Help

What i am doing on server is as follows:-
On command prompt
C:\set cvsroot=:sspi:WS0I-0251:/myrepo
C:\cvs passwd -a user1
User1 is Window user.This will create a CVSROOT/passwd file.
 C:\set cvsroot=:sspi:user1 at WS0I-0251:/myrepo
C:\cvs login
C:\cvs ls -l -R
This will give the list of file in myrepo/CVSROOT.
This is ok.

Now User2 is a window user but not exist in CVSROOT/passwd file
coz i skip this 'cvs passwd -a user2' step.
On command prompt
C:\set cvsroot=:sspi:user2 at WS0I-0251:/myrepo
c:\cvs login
c:\cvs ls -l -R
This will give the list of file in myrepo/CVSROOT.
why this is happening?Why user2 is able to access myrepo/CVSROOT?
user2 is not in CVSROOT\passwd file.

Egarly waiting for solution for above problem

Regards

Sabahat Adil