[cvsnt] AW: Using SSPI destroys fileattr.xml

Jelinek, Robert jelinek.robert at siemens.com
Sat Apr 15 13:33:37 BST 2006

Hi,

first - thanks for your answer.

Maybe I repeat, that my intention is not asking for support. I have solved those problems by debugging cvsnt and patching the source for my application. I have posted the results of my investigation to the cvsnt-mailing-list, because I think they are bugs (and not features) and with this, I could give somethink back to the cvsnt-development.

I have splitted my first mail to the cvsnt-group into two different ones (first the SSPI-Problem with the corrupted fileattr.xml, second the problem with the usernames) and mailed it yesterday to the cvsnt-group. I hope, I have described it more clearly, what are my problems.

Regarding the problem with the case of the usernames (@Tony): it´s true, my cvsnt-server is debian linux, cvsnt-clients are windows-based. Login-method SSPI and windows uses different cases for the username-string. CVSNT is strictly case-sensitive in unix-environments, so this usage is a common problem. I agree, that the cvsnt-behaviour is correct, but a solution should be found. At this time winbind accepts all different cases for the username.

Regarding the problem with the corrupted fileattr.xml: If you like, I send you a detailed description about the command (only do an edit on any file and use SSPI as authentication with a username/domain-combination) and the resulting fileattr.xml. But I think, you will get to the same results, that the '/'-character is malign for the CXmlNode::Lookup-method.

PS: and now - start to search the easter-eggs (I don´t know, if this is a tradition in the states, but here in austria it´s common practice).