[cvsnt] Re: Bug in pserver domain user aliasing

Ilya Slobodin islobodin at yandex.ru
Mon Apr 17 11:14:59 BST 2006

Hello again,

Here is some explanation to my fix. Let's have the following passwd file:

CvsUser:!MyDomain:DomainUser

If we try to authorize, the function win32_valid_user() is called with
("CvsUser", "password", "MyDomain", user_token) and athorization fails as no
CvsUser is known in MyDomain. If we change the first parameter to
"host_user_tmp", that gives ("DomainUser", "password", "MyDomain",
user_token), the authorization succseeds.

I have fixed this call in CVSNT_2_5_03_2260, but it also exists in older and
newer revisions of server.cpp. I hope this fix is useful as I found some
more similar questions and no valid answers on user aliasing in the
newsgroup.

Best regards,
Ilya Slobodin
Moscow, Russia