[cvsnt] Configuring cvsnt-sserver/sserver with Eclipse 3.1.2/CVSNT 2.5.0.3 - trouble

Ingmar Engström ingmar_engstrom at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:10:41 BST 2006

Hello all,

First some details:
Windows XP Professional SP2

java version "1.4.2_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_11-b06)

Eclipse SDK
Version: 3.1.2
Build id: M20060118-1600

CVSNT 2.5.0.3(Scorpio) Build 2260

CVS SSL Connection 3.1.0

I've been trying to setup cvsnt-sserver/sserver or SSL connection for
Eclipse/CVSNT with no luck.
They're both on the same machine, but it is planned to install CVSNT on a
seperate machine later on.

I have been following instructions quite carefully (I think), but when
testing the connection upon completion of CVS Repository setup in Eclipse,it
fails with:

"Error validating location: "Could not connect to
:cvsnt-server:USER at localhost:/cvs: CVS communication error:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext
connection?"

The debug output of CVS SSL Connection 3.1.0 only shows:
"C>BEGIN SSL AUTH REQUEST
S>SSERVER 1.1 READY"

When connecting with the pserver protocol, there is no error raised.

Any ideas, something I might have missed?

Regards,

Ingmar