[cvsnt] Performance problem with pserver protocol

Tim Chippington Derrick tim at chippingtonderrick.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 22:45:52 BST 2006

Hi,

We are using CVSNT on what sounds like a similar configuration, with
the pserver protocol (although we are looking at other protocols
too). Our server is an old 400 MHz P2 with 256 MB ram admittedly
running Win Server 2k3 with 2 different SQLServer instances (1 SQL 2K
and 1 SQL 2K5) and terminal services and several other things
running; and the clients are newish laptops running WinCVS and it
works fine - I can check out projects with maybe 200 files in just a
few seconds. We are also running antivirus and software firewalls on
all machines. Maybe there is some other configuration issue on your
machines, but we haven't found pserver to be slow.

Tim