[cvsnt] cvs commit -r gone?

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Wed Aug 2 18:54:02 BST 2006

I just updated to cvsNT 2.5.3.2382, and a command we used to use has
stopped working.

	cvs commit -r BRANCH_1_1 foo.c

Apparently the -r option is no longer available in the commit command.
  How do I do the equivalent commit a file to the tip of a branch in the
newest versions?

Thanks
chuck

BTW, "$ cvs commit -r 1.8 file" is still mentioned in the docs as an
example along with the misleading statement "You can commit to a branch
revision (one that has an even number of dots) with the -r option."
(http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/commit.html)