[cvsnt] i still have merging problem

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 23:48:47 BST 2006

> (...)
> 3. Third, I create a branch in the version 1.1. This branch is called
> "Testing".

You should better did this step prior to commiting 1.2, as this is
just adding points of failure...

> (...)
> 7. Now I right click the mouse and select CVS Merge. In the merge dialog I
> fill up
>     the "1.2" in the start combo box and fill up "1.1.2.1" in the end
> combo box.

You have to choose 1.1 and 1.1.2.1!
Or better yet, just choose 1.1.2.1 as "start" and let cvs find the
latest mergepoint for you.
When you select two revisions for merge, you're telling cvs "merge the
differences between these two revisons into my working copy". Since
you started your branch off of 1.1, the difference between them is 1.2
-> 1.1 -> 1.1.2.1 (i.e. it will undo the changes made in 1.2)

-Flávio