[cvsnt] cvs [import aborted]

Mike sqxiem at tin.it
Fri Aug 4 18:52:35 BST 2006

> > That means I have to disable acl setting when I have to import a new
module?
> > It should be not very pleasant (~security hole).
> >
> No not at all - it simply means you must have write access to import a
> module.  Anything else *would* be a security hole.
>
> Tony

I agree if I was able to make it.
I noticed that when I set acl I would have to specify the module/directory
where to apply it. I didn't understand how to set acl for root repository. I
tried

- cvs rchacl -a read,write,create,tag,control -u cvs

thinking erroneously it applied acl for whole repository (full access only
for 'cvs' virtual user); but that doesn't work. What is the right way to set
acl (write permission) for whole repository?

Mike