[cvsnt] Replacement for 'commit -r 2.0'?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Sat Aug 12 17:57:22 BST 2006

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:17:20 +0800, "Yongwei Wu" <wuyongwei at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Why have the same file in two places? then thery sure are not the
>> same. It makes much more sense to use exactly the same file in both
>> projects and then the problem you think you have will be gone...
>
>The official repository is on the Internet, but I want to have a local
>repository for safety and in case I must work offline. OK?

Usually handled by using the cvs import system to put external sources
into ones own repository. It has the needed functions to both tag and
branch these.

>Sorry I should have said '$Revision' instead of '$Version'. However,
>please do not try to teach me how I should use CVS. For one reason or
>another, people may want to use it, maybe for trivial reasons. I would
>not lie in bed sleepless because CVSNT removed this feature. However,
>I do want it. Writing 100 paragraphs about it would not change that.

OK, so why do you post questions in a forum when you are going to be
offended by people answering the questions and trying to point you
into a workable solution????
And my reply did not have 100 paragraphs either....

/Bo Berglund