[cvsnt] Replacement for 'commit -r 2.0'?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Aug 12 12:29:20 BST 2006

At Saturday 12/8/2006 07:17, Yongwei Wu wrote:

> > Why have the same file in two places? then thery sure are not the
> > same. It makes much more sense to use exactly the same file in both
> > projects and then the problem you think you have will be gone...
>
>The official repository is on the Internet, but I want to have a local
>repository for safety and in case I must work offline. OK?

Ok, even then, I dont see why do you care about revision numbers...

>Sorry I should have said '$Revision' instead of '$Version'. However,
>please do not try to teach me how I should use CVS. For one reason or
>another, people may want to use it, maybe for trivial reasons. I would
>not lie in bed sleepless because CVSNT removed this feature. However,
>I do want it. Writing 100 paragraphs about it would not change that.

Perhaps you just dont need it, you *think* you need it because you
cannot see the other alternatives. Tags and branches should be enough
to identify a given revision.
It's like you were asking how to break down a wall to get to the mall
on the other side, when the best way to get there is to get out
of that dead end street and turn left...

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).