[cvsnt] MSI installer error for custom install

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Aug 16 05:10:10 BST 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:01:47 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Tony Hoyle wrote:
>
>> Forget about using the scripts in the script directory (release builder,
>> release cvs, debug cvs, etc.) as they will really only work if you have
>> a build environment exactly the same as me with everything in the same
>> places.  Just copy the binaries around.
>>

>btw. if you really want to have a go at the scripts you need
>
>cvsdeps at d:\cvsdeps

Also needed in order to successfully build CVSNT. I have this in
parallel to the cvsnt module.

>smartloader at d:\smartloader (compiled for both release and debug)

Unknown utility for me.

>sysfiles.zip extracted to d:\cvsbin\sysfiles

That ws done also for the Innosetup builder. Have these.

>cygwin at c:\cygwin.

Oh, this I thought was considered a *bad thing* to have hanging around
sionce it destroys things in Windows (rumor has). So I definitely do
not have that.

>That should be enough so the release cvs and debug cvs scripts work
>(they deploy to d:\cvsbin).  That's where the wxs files expect to find
>their files also.

Can't use D:. That's a DVD drive.
I use F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsbin instead.

>You could write your own scripts of course :) the only thing that's
>unusual is they bind the executable files to the smartloader (with
>mkmanifest)... that gives the per-application paths and the ability to
>find the correct revision of a file across multiple installs.  If you're
>only testing that bit doesn't matter.

I'll just make a batch file to move the compiled stuff into my cvsbin,
that's simple enough. But I still need to make WIX work of course.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)