[cvsnt] MSI installer error for custom install

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Aug 16 00:01:47 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Forget about using the scripts in the script directory (release builder,
> release cvs, debug cvs, etc.) as they will really only work if you have
> a build environment exactly the same as me with everything in the same
> places.  Just copy the binaries around.

btw. if you really want to have a go at the scripts you need

cvsdeps at d:\cvsdeps
smartloader at d:\smartloader (compiled for both release and debug)
sysfiles.zip extracted to d:\cvsbin\sysfiles
cygwin at c:\cygwin.

That should be enough so the release cvs and debug cvs scripts work
(they deploy to d:\cvsbin).  That's where the wxs files expect to find
their files also.

You could write your own scripts of course :) the only thing that's
unusual is they bind the executable files to the smartloader (with
mkmanifest)... that gives the per-application paths and the ability to
find the correct revision of a file across multiple installs.  If you're
only testing that bit doesn't matter.