[cvsnt] MSI installer error for custom install

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 15 23:00:58 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Apparently there are a few .wixproj files missing from CVS.
> There are a number of wxs files that probably are linked together by
> some master project file (wixproj) that is missing....
> Can't figure out how to use these wxs files....

I've never used votive - it doesn't do anything you can't do on the
command line anyway.  Just run nmake from the installer directory &
it'll call wix and make the msi files.

Forget about using the scripts in the script directory (release builder,
release cvs, debug cvs, etc.) as they will really only work if you have
a build environment exactly the same as me with everything in the same
places.  Just copy the binaries around.