[cvsnt] Spaces in File and Folder names.

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Aug 24 12:15:43 BST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org [mailto:cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org] On Behalf
Of Andy Southby
Sent: den 24 augusti 2006 12:30
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Subject: [cvsnt] Spaces in File and Folder names.

Hi all,

Does any one know or have experience with spaces in file or folder
names?
Are there any issues I should know about?

I would like to use spaces but am wondering if it is wise as I have had
problems in the past with other tools.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.

---- comment -----

Depends on how you use CVSNT.
In and of itself CVSNT nowadays does handle the embedded spaces in file
names OK.
It also handles folder names with spaces as far as I can tell.

But if you use CVSROOT scripts to perform some actions triggered by CVS
events
then you might have to modify the scripts to handle the spaces because
these are
escaped in the data supplied to the scripts and also because some unix
type scripts
will not work at all with embedded spaces.

So YMMV

Best regards,

Bo Berglund