[cvsnt] Problem with audit on SUSE LINUX 10.0 with MySql

dasvob dasvob at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:25:45 BST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to get cvsnt audit running but I am getting following
response from cvs:

Audit trigger initialiasation failed: Couldn't initialise database engine.
cvsnt server: Pre-command check failed

Could anyone please give me a hint what could be the problem or where
to look for some help (versions see below)?

Server runs on Suse client on W'XP.
Neither mysqld.log nor cvspserver shows any useful information.

I have also another question concerning database:
Are there any plans to stop support of MySql in CVSNT (I noted some
issue in bugzilla)? And did you considered Firebird database support.

Thanks in advance for any help!

DS

Login to mysql as CVSNT user works:

# mysql -u CVSNT -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 1 to server version: 4.1.13

mysql> use CVSNT
Database changed

mysql> SELECT ALL * FROM TagLog;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

Configuration in /etc/cvsnt/PServer:

AuditDatabaseName=CVSNT
AuditDatabasePassword=db_owner
AuditDatabaseUsername=CVSNT

AuditDatabaseType=0

AuditLogSessions=1      # All server connections/commands
AuditLogCommits=1       # Log changes due to commits
AuditLogDiffs=1 # Store diffs in commit log
AuditLogTags=1          # Log tagging operations
AuditLogHistory=1       # Log cvs history

Configuration in /etc/cvsnt/Plugins:

AuditTrigger=1                  # Audit events to database