[cvsnt] Basic User/Group ACL setup (Solaris)

Cryer, Phil C. (STL) - cont PCCryer at express-scripts.com
Mon Dec 4 16:59:48 GMT 2006

I'm running CVSNT on Solaris, and am looking for a basic User/Group ACL
setup how-to.  I'm running on Solaris, and we're going to migrate the
existing CVS instance to CVSNT because of the ACL it provides.  I need
to have a list of groups that I define ACLs for directories, (have these
parts setup / working) but then be able to add/remove users from those
groups; I can't find this in the docs, and looking through the Achieves
isn't helping me learn how to do it.  I thought it was as simple as
adding a CVSROOT/group file with usernames on new lines, but I can't
find how to tie this into the CVSNT server.

Additionally, I have an (almost) working Korn script that provides a
menu based text front-end to do most of CVSNT/ACL's commands, and I'll
share it after I get it working with Users and Groups.

Thanks

Phil Cryer
Application Engineer
Express-Scripts
******* Confidentiality Notice *******
This email, its electronic document attachments, and the contents of its website linkages may contain confidential health information.  This information is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the prompt destruction of the material and any accompanying attachments.