[cvsnt] Basic User/Group ACL setup (Solaris)

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Dec 4 17:48:04 GMT 2006

Cryer, Phil C. (STL) - cont wrote:

> [...] but then be able to add/remove users from those
> groups; I can't find this in the docs, and looking through the Achieves
> isn't helping me learn how to do it.  I thought it was as simple as
> adding a CVSROOT/group file with usernames on new lines, but I can't
> find how to tie this into the CVSNT server.

1- Check out CVSROOT/ into a sandbox (as repo admin).
2- Create a file "group" there.
3- Add a line of the format "group: user1 user2 userN" for each group.
4- cvs add this file.
5- Add the group file to the file CVSROOT/checkoutlist (see examples in
there).
6- Commit CVSROOT/.

Alternatively, on Windows, it is easy to use the system groups and users
with cvsnt. I don't know whether a similar feature exists for Solaris.

Gerhard