[cvsnt] Force commit

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Dec 12 20:55:33 GMT 2006

Radhakrishnan Sethuraman,

> I have 2 CVS servers(Servers are in different geographic locations).

CVS was designed over 20 years ago for the sort of networks around at that time - it is NOT necessary to have more than one CVS server.  Both your geographical locations will work fine using ONE cvs server.

If you have a performance problem then search the list for previous discussions about how to diagnose the problem.

If you have several thousand developers at each location and have a requirement for caching then download the 2.5.04 testing release from the CVSNT open source wiki and also get a copy of Unison - it's all automatic, no scripting required.  Set Unison to copy Master -> Slave every 2 minutes and set the Slave to direct write requests to Master.

However 99.9% of the time one server is sufficient - even Sourceforge only have their servers in one geographical location and they have quite a few users...

> Clearly my question is "how to implement override and commit"
> which eclipse and RAD are providing"?

No - not clearly at all, Eclipse is a pience of software - an IDE and RAD is a development methodology and CVS is a pience of software - version control tool.

Regards,

Arthur