[cvsnt] Ubuntu Edgy - cvsnt installed but no sserver available

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Wed Dec 13 13:55:25 GMT 2006

JBarry at decaresystems.ie wrote:

> I'm relatively new to both the Linux platform and cvsnt. We have a CVS
> repository that can only be accessed via CVSNT, normally through Eclipse
> on a Windows environment. I have been experimenting with creating a
> Virtual Ubuntu image with Eclipse pre-installed for development purposes
> but I am having a hell of a time trying to connect to the CVS repository.
>
> I've downloaded CVSNT and installed using alien. Everything seems to be
> installed, even the sserver.deb file. But when I try the following
>
> cvsnt -d :sserver:myname at myserver.mydomain.ie:2222:/javarepo login

You're running it on port 2222?

> I get the following message
>
> cvsnt [login aborted]: the :sserver: access method is not available on
> this system

At a guess the package has been compiled without sserver support.
Do
# cvs info
To see what protocols are available.

If sserver is available, have you set up the certificates too?

> Can anyone help with this and point me in the right direction. Is there
> any SSPI support available on Linux?

Yes. Setup winbind in /etc/cvsnt/PServer

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever