[cvsnt] Ubuntu Edgy - cvsnt installed but no sserver available

JBarry at decaresystems.ie JBarry at decaresystems.ie
Wed Dec 13 16:12:52 GMT 2006

Thanks for the reply David.

I checked the supported protocols and sserver is not listed, even though I ran
the dbkp -install for the cvsnt-protocol-sserver.deb file. Is there another way
I should be installing sserver?

sspi is one of the available protocols but when I try to use it I get invalid
user, password or domain.

I installed winbind using apt-get install winbind

Then uncommented the winbind entry in the PServer file. I'm kind flying by the
seat of my pants here, so any and all advice is appreciated.

Regards,
Jay

             David Somers
             <dsomers at omz13.com>
             Sent by:                                                        To
             cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt         cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
             .org                                                            cc

                                                                        Subject
             12/13/2006 01:55 PM         Re: [cvsnt] Ubuntu Edgy - cvsnt

JBarry at decaresystems.ie wrote:

> I'm relatively new to both the Linux platform and cvsnt. We have a CVS
> repository that can only be accessed via CVSNT, normally through Eclipse
> on a Windows environment. I have been experimenting with creating a
> Virtual Ubuntu image with Eclipse pre-installed for development purposes
> but I am having a hell of a time trying to connect to the CVS repository.
>
> I've downloaded CVSNT and installed using alien. Everything seems to be
> installed, even the sserver.deb file. But when I try the following
>
> cvsnt -d :sserver:myname at myserver.mydomain.ie:2222:/javarepo login

You're running it on port 2222?

> I get the following message
>
> cvsnt [login aborted]: the :sserver: access method is not available on
> this system

At a guess the package has been compiled without sserver support.
Do
# cvs info
To see what protocols are available.

If sserver is available, have you set up the certificates too?

> Can anyone help with this and point me in the right direction. Is there
> any SSPI support available on Linux?

Yes. Setup winbind in /etc/cvsnt/PServer

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever