[cvsnt] Renaming a branch

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 17:28:03 GMT 2006

> And we should probably discourage the use of 'tag' and '[files]' and
> instead run 'rtag' for the whole module, right?

I guess it depends on the scenario you are facing:

Maybe you need to rename a branch tag that exists only in a single file
(or few known files) that you are working on. In that case, using the
'tag' command and specifying a few files seems to be natural. (Even
wise, if your repository is large enough to make the rtag execution last
for, let's say, three or five minutes)

Or maybe you need to rename a repository-wide branch... in this case I'd
certainly go for rtag.

Best regards

Daniel