[cvsnt] [CVSMailer] 2 questions

Joe Enfield joeenfield at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:06:15 GMT 2006

I hope it is ok asking about CVSMailer in this group...

I have CVSMailer setup and running very well.

Question 1 -
When a user is not in the 'users' file and that user commits a new file
revision, no commit notification is sent to the people in the 'loginfousers'
file.
Can this be changed so that we have a 'default' fall back reply-to email
address if the committing users email mapping is not found, and ensure that
a commit message email is always sent to loginfousers list?

Question 2 -
Our organization will eventually have several repositories setup on our cvs
server.  This will work great with CVSMailer and each cvsroots set of users.
However, our Issue tracker will have several 'Issue Number' representations.
For example WGS-12345,  PRC-12345, etc...  And for each of these issue
number representations we would have a different URL address.
http://myserver/tracker/WGS-12345, http://myserver/tracker/PRC-12345, or
even http://mydifferentserver/tracker...
The 'issue <number>' is setup in the CVSMailer.ini, not in the CVSROOT admin
files.  It looks like only one issue number can be defined.
Is there anyway this can be modified to (or does it already) accomodate more
than one IssueReference/URL?

**** Current Example ****
[IssueTracking]
UseIssueLinks=1
IssueUrl=http://myserver/mytracker/myissues/WGS-<number>
IssueReference=[WGS<number>]

**** Proposed Example ****
[IssueTracking]
UseIssueLinks=1
IssueUrl=http://myserver/mytracker/myissues/WGS-<number>;http://myserver/myt
racker/myissues/PRC-<number>
IssueReference=[WGS<number>];[PRC<number>]

Thank you for taking the time, and thank you for CVSMailer.
Joe E.