[cvsnt] Migrating to new hardware

Marcel Stör marcel at frightanic.com
Sat Feb 4 16:50:49 GMT 2006

Hi all,

We're considering to move our CVS to a new server. Two questions are
currently bugging us:

- can we expect to gain a performance boost if using a server with multiple
CPUs?
- are there any traps we should be aware of if we move the CVS directory
from the old server (i.e. disk/file system) to the new one?

Thanks for your kind help or links to documents that address our questions.

--
Marcel Stör
www.frightanic.com