[cvsnt] Re: Repository TAG behavior

Randy McCharles RandyMcCharles at smarttech.com
Tue Feb 7 17:10:55 GMT 2006

I suspect putting the binaries in a separate repository will just move the problem. You won't experience time-outs on the original repository, but will on the new one. It would be an interesting experiment. If time-outs continue on the original repository. i.e. if the original is being tagged while another client is committing or tagging the binary repository, then this would imply that the lock-server is being tied up and not the actual files.

Randy McCharles

SMART Technologies Inc.

Senior Software Developer

Tel. 403.802.3347  Fax 403.229.2531