[cvsnt] Re: What is the current max for CVSNT repositories?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 10 21:05:27 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Tony,
> I have tried to track down a CVSMailer user problem and now I found
> the reason for the failure. It turns out that the user has set up no
> less than 82 different *repositories*! CVSMailer scans the registry
> for repository name-path pairs but only walks between 0 and 63 because
> this was the limit at the time I started looking in the registry for
> the info.
> It seems like that is no longer the CVSNT limit...
>
> So I have a few questions:
>
> 1) What is the current limit to the number of repositories?

There's no limit for the cvs process itself, but the control panel has a
limit of 1024.

> 2) What happens if one removes a repository in the middle of the
> active number range? Will the CVSNT control panel renumber the
> remaining repositories and fill the hole in the registry sequence or
> will there be a registry entry with no data?

The control panel will attempt to rename normally, but it's entirely
possible to remove some in the middle manually.

> 3) If there is no limit and the hole is not filled then how can one
> tetermine exactly how many repositories are configured?

Enumerate through the registry key and just look for any key matching
"Repository<number>", count them.