[cvsnt] Help with "unrecognized auth response"

Eugenio Lysei Junior lyseie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:02:56 GMT 2006

Hello Bo, thanks for responding.

I've read your doc entirely, and did what it says. Excuse me if I ask dumb
questions, but problem persists.
I intend to use CVSNT to work with one CVS client inside firewall, and two
CVS clients outside (running TortoiseCVS).
So I disabled pserver, and thought I could communicate/authenticate using
SSPI.
Client workstations are not on same CVSNT server domain, and run Windows XP
(Home or Pro).

1. Server
Running Win XP Pro running CVSNT. Disabled simple file sharing.
Created "newuser" with no password. Created 'xpuser' on CVSNT server domain.
xpuser has all security privileges in C:\CVSREPO and C:\CVSTEMP dirs (and so
SYSTEM and ADMIN users).
I disabled pserver plug-in. Added 1 repository named /Test located at
C:\CVSREPO\Test

2. Client
On TortoiveCVS client, I try to obtain Test module using: (I changed port)
:sspi:xpuser at myserver:1703/Test

But get the same unrecognired auth error.
At first, TortoiseCVS gets this error and prompts for a password.
I type the very same password I used to register user xpuser on CVSNT
server.
But it continues getting same error.

Thank you again for your help.

Eugenio