[cvsnt] Stress Tests results for CVSNT/CVS/Subversion

Rahul Bhargava coderobo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:03:18 GMT 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> David Richards wrote:
>> Make him wait!
>>
> And your justifiaction for this is??

Tony -

That was a typo.  He replied to the wrong email :-), sorry about it. The
details that Arthur asked for
have already been posted to this forum, so you should have gotten them.

> If wandisco had merely said that they had found a problem and given a
> script to reproduce it, it would have been fixed by now.  Instead they
> made the claim then went silent and produced no evidence.  If this is
> 'just a small perl script' then why wasn't it in my inbox the same
> day?  Even a proper description would have helped - but nothing appeared.
>

> I strongly suspect they're more interested in pushing their own
> product than actually fixing anything.

Our product works in conjunction with CVSNT/CVS and Subversion, so
pushing our
product would make no sense. I mean technically impossible. If you look
at the CVS forums
WANdisco has been actively contributing bug fixes/patches to CVS. We
would like to do
the same with CVSNT, otherwise why would be be even posting stress test
results.

In prior posts you and Arthur seemed to say that the version we ran the
tests was "rejected
for commercial customers". If I could get a stable version# from you, we
could go back and run
the tests. If there are no issues with it then we can just recommend
that to our customers using
WANdisco with CVSNT. There would be no need to debug etc if its just a
build issue. You also stated
you ran stress tests on some build of 2.5..01 ?  Are those stress tests
not part of the CVSNT src base ?
I had inquired on the cvsnt-dev site and got no reply on what you use
for stress testing?