[cvsnt] overwrite HEAD with a branch tip...

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Tue Feb 21 17:06:36 GMT 2006

I find the easiest way to do this is with wincvs. It's really quick, the
steps below just seem a bit long winded.

1. checkout the trunk or branch you want to update.
2. Graph the file in question.
3. Highlight the version you want to revert back to on the graph.
4. Right click on it with your mouse and select the option to "Retrieve
revision as...."
5. Save the file to overwrite your sandbox copy. (This will mean taking off
the CVS version number that is appended by default.)
6. Commit the file. (I would add to the commit comment what version your
reverting back to and why.)

This does have the down side that the graph won't show a merge line. I'm
sure there is probably a single command line version that would be quicker,
but I find this way is easier to train the user.

Thanks,
Curtis Lehman