[cvsnt] Re: Problem wit binary files after upgrading server from 2.5.01.1976 to 2.5.03.2151

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 12:33:23 GMT 2006

I reported that error a few weeks ago against version 2.5.03.2151, built
in a RHEL 3 environment.

When using the official RPM I'm unable to commit on binary files with
delta (on RHEL 3 also). But on RHEL 4 it works fine! (Despite I don't
know whether the warning message is suppressed or the problem is not
present).

As Michael Wojcik stated in his post on 2006-02-09
(http://list.nodomain.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2006-February/023745.html):

"Yes, it's glibc's malloc validation code.  Unless it's a bug in glibc
itself, which is unlikely, it indicates a bug in the CVSNT server or in
some code that it calls.  The address looks plausible, so my guess is a
duplicate free."

We were unable to find the problem, so the short term solution was a
downgrade to 2.5.01.1976. (But, again, I don't know whether the warning
message is supressed or the problem is not present).

Regards,

Daniel