[cvsnt] Re: SSH for CVSNT

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Tue Feb 28 15:16:34 GMT 2006

Daniele Zuco wrote:
> In order to have authentication via ssh with CVSNT I MUST have ssh
> server on the windows pc where i have the central repository and CVSNT
> installed?
> or CVSNT setup have all the necessary for SSH and so i have only to
> install OpenSSH or equivalent (Putty for example) on clients machine?

CVSNT contains an SSH client, but no server.  That means if you want to
use SSH to a Windows machine you need to install an SSH server on that
server, and then you can use the CVSNT client to connect to it.

Note that sserver is secure too (secure sockets encryption), and easier
to set up on Windows since it's included in the CVSNT server.

What are your requirements for communication with the server?

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett