[cvsnt] Re: 2.5.03 build 2252 testing

Rick Rankin rrankin1424-cvsnt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 21:23:41 GMT 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Glen Starrett wrote:
> >
> > I have a Samba DC with XP Pro members, would that help the testing?
> >
> Probably not...  It seems to be a local issue in the march hare setup
> and I need to know how widespread it is (so that I know how hard to dig
> to find out how to fix the config).  Win2000 won't let a Win2003 member
> query its database for user information (even very basic information
> like the user existence) - so impersonation via pserver can't ever work.
>
> It's an unusual config to start with - 2003 is usually the DC when it's
> available - but I don't know if it's something that Arthur has
> set/installed in the past that's preventing it or whether there's
> something in the whole backward compatibility thing in 2003 that's just
> fubar.

I don't recall the exact specifics of the configuration requested. I have CVSNT
2.5.03.2151 running as a server using the pserver protocol on a W2K PDC
and have a few W2K3 domain members. Does that match the configuration in question?
If so, I've been running that setup for quite a while with no problems. Or is this a problem
with the 2252 build specifically?

--Rick