[cvsnt] Hook for modifying log message on commit?

Thomas Keller me at thomaskeller.biz
Mon Jan 9 18:33:43 GMT 2006

Hi!

I'm looking for a way of parsing a log message for specific identifiers
and replace them. E.g. I'd like to convert references to "FS#123"
(FlySpray bug numbers) to the according url
"http://myserver.com/?do=details&id=123". This is mainly used in email
notifications.

Now since I use CVSNT's very own mail support there is no script/hook
which is run beforehand. veriymsg just checks an incoming message, but
doesn't alter it.

I know there exist the options -b / -B to assign a commit to a bug
number, but I can't find a place where this bug number can be given e.g.
in a Tortoise commit window. Since most of the cvs users operate with
GUIs rather with the cmdline client (including me, I'm using LinCVS), it
would be great if the log message could be anyhow parsed / modified on
the server.

Thanks,
Thomas.