[cvsnt] Re: Hook for modifying log message on commit?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jan 9 19:54:10 GMT 2006

Thomas Keller wrote:
  > Now since I use CVSNT's very own mail support there is no script/hook
> which is run beforehand. veriymsg just checks an incoming message, but
> doesn't alter it.

If you set RereadLogAfterVerify=yes it'll reread the log message after
verifying it.  It slows down the commit slightly though.

> I know there exist the options -b / -B to assign a commit to a bug
> number, but I can't find a place where this bug number can be given e.g.
> in a Tortoise commit window. Since most of the cvs users operate with
> GUIs rather with the cmdline client (including me, I'm using LinCVS), it
> would be great if the log message could be anyhow parsed / modified on
> the server.

The one that March Hare ship has bug number support.. the patches will
be around somewhere since Tortoise is GPL (that's not a bit I work on
but I'm guessing they were posted to the list).